Supplemental Forage Fish Stocking
|Fish Species||1/4 Surface Acre||1/2 Surface Acre||3/4 Surface Acre||1 Surface Acre||1 1/2 Surface Acre||2 Surface Acre||3 Surface Acre|
|Fathead Minnows||20 lbs.||20 lbs.||30 lbs.||40 lbs.||50 lbs.||75 lbs.||100 lbs.|
|Golden Shiner Minnows||10 lbs.||15 lbs.||20 lbs.||25 lbs.||40 lbs.||50 lbs.||75 lbs.|
THE SUPPLEMENTAL FORAGE FISH STOCKING includes a combination of fathead minnows and golden shiner minnows.
- Forage fish readily spawn throughout the spring and early summer
- Helps maintain a healthy fish population
- Allows gamefish to devote less time to seeking out prey
- Helps gamefish grow larger & spawn more successfully
- Forage fish reduce insect larvae
- Stock spring and fall to sustain an adequate forage base
In the spring and fall, Forage Stocking participants receive a courtesy call or email as a reminder that it is an ideal time to supplement the pond with additional forage fish. There is never any obligation to continue a forage stocking. Sign up below to become a member of our Forage Stocking Program.