Aluminum Sulfate 50 lbs.
Aluminum Sulfate, or alum, has long been used as a water clarifying agent and rapid phosphorus binder. Depending on weather conditions, several applications throughout the season may be required. Alum has the potential to rapidly drop water pH. This rapid change has the potential to negatively impact aquatic life. Monitoring pH during applications is highly recommended.
- Lower cost than comparable products
- Use 50 lbs./acre-foot of water for phosphorus reduction
- Use 125 lbs./acre-foot of water for water clarification
- Caution: Highly Corrosive
- Avoid a rapid drop in pH by applying with a buffering agent
- Shipping via UPS or FedEx is prohibited